Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Engaged At Last!!!

Who knew that when I put together a Ragnar Relay team in August 2010 that I would discover the man of my dreams?  As captain of the Black Toes team, I was tasked with putting together a fun, energetic team to run the 190 miles from Miami to Key West Florida.  Instantly I knew of a group of friends to ask, but not enough to cover the 12 man team.  So, my original invite was extended to friends of friends and we ended up with 10 amazing runners, that I now consider great friends.
 
Fast forward to January 2011, my last days as a single woman.

Picture it! Sicily! 1926. Ok negative on Sicily and 1926 but for the next 30+ hours starting in Miami, Matt would position himself next to me at every possible moment: in the car, walking outside of the vans, in pictures, etc.  Bless his heart he even met up with me during my first leg and ran to the exchange with me. 

Upon arrival in Key West, Matt and I were inseparable and spent every minute together.  Matt says he knew he was going to marry me when we spent a luxurious day sitting on a bench watching the boats come and go.  That moment and so many others have been magical. 

Matt and I have had a whirlwind romance of only 4 months, and I know that sounds ri-donculous; however, who can put a time limit on true love? 

Matt proposed to me last night and I of course never hesitated.  He is my everything and I couldn't possibly dream of anyone I would rather spend the rest of my life with.  I love you Matt!!! 

Question: For better or for worse?
Answer: for better please....



GREENISH - BROWN






No comments:

Post a Comment