Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Pumpkins

It's October, and that means lots of holidays are around the corner and we get to celebrate with family and friends.  I have never been really interested in decorating for such events until this year.  Perhaps it is more fun with children around, or perhaps it is all the great ideas that are on Pinterest.  Either way, what fun I had with pumpkins. 

Trick or Treat pumpkins: approximately $5.99 for the large pumpkins, $4.99 for the smaller one, one can of white spray paint, black paint, ribbons (not shown here, but wrap around the stems).  I had so much fun making these and I am excited that they can be used throughout the years considering they are FAKE!

This is Matt's artistic talent at work!  We went pumpkin picking with the kids on Saturday at the Graves Mill Farm.  Matt searched for a while to find the perfect two pumpkins for his design, which I found on Pinterest.  Super spooky pumpkin with a skull inside.  At night it looks fabulous all lit up. 

 These three were super simple!  Just add glitter.  Again, we will have these for years to come since they are also faux pumpkins. 

This little guy was "our pumpkin."  He has fake teeth which are a great new idea for pumpkins.  Just loves him.  I know I look really tired, but keep in mind I decorated like 10 pumpkins in one day.  That is tiring work!


No comments:

Post a Comment