Friday, October 15, 2010

What I'm Listening To Now

Currently I can't stop listening  to and loving the latest album from Baltimore quartet, Fools & Horses.  Recently released (fyi, that party rocked) this self titled album is more mellow than their last album; however, some truly great music and lyrics. 








Check them out at www.foolsandhorses.net

F&H has been voted Best Band of Baltimore by the readers of the Baltimore City Paper for three straight years, and named Best Modern Rock Band, and Fan Favorite by the Washington Area Music Association (SHUT UP). 

This album has 11 amazing songs and tho I won't go into all of them here... these are a few of my fav's.
3 Chords - the guys started singing this song a while back and I was dying for a copy.  It was well worth the wait because it catches you from the beginning and when I hear those drums kick in, I can't help but turn the volume up all the way.  Much love to Tim! 
The Cloud Factory - this is just a really fun song, cute lyrics and completely catchy. 
Happens To Me Every Time - LOVE love LOVE this song.  Tell me Matt's voice doesn't just kick ass?  At the end there is some overlapping of the lyrics and you just get caught up in everything. 

Now if you want to experience a little more rock n roll, may I just suggest you check out their album   I Am The Ghost






Whenever I see them (which is often) I request my very favorite song: Calling You Out because who doesn't love these lyrics:
This must be a sign
I stalled trying to phone your line
Forgetting a number I never memorized

and

Too bad cause it can't it won't
My pride it don't wanna take it
When the best you looked at all this year was naked

Finally, we have the most popular and well known song from F&H Selfish and if you don't know the words to this song then learn them fast.  I even got my brother loving it and probably wishing he could see these boys live.  Not only does their music rock but they are amazing at covers.  How bout Sex on Fire.  Be-still my heart. Is there nothing these boys can't do?

I love you all: Tim, Matt, Kent, Steve.  See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment