Monday, November 15, 2010

Jakob

Hello world and let me add, hello MM!  I have not forgotten about blogging, for example I am blogging as we speak.  So on with the bloggin already....

I recently started a picture for our friends KG and DG, who so graciously hosted us at their beach house for the half marathon.  KG wanted a picture drawn of her adorable grandson for a Christmas present, so please keep this a secret!  :)

We start with the darkest areas and eventually get to the lightest.  Envision if you will!  For the darkest areas, I usually just draw some shapes or letters, since you really can't read them.  As the picture gets lighter, I add in words that have a meaning in Jakob's life. 


Starting to add in some shadows, which means we are now using words.  For Jakob's picture this includes his name, birthday, family members and even the puppies. 

Getting serious now.  Don't mistake that shadow for a mustache, patience grasshopper until  you see the finished product. 


Jakob is that you?

You can now start to see what I have seen all along.


So this is the last picture I will post for Jacob, it's a surprise afterall!  And Jakob is done, finished, complete.  We will wrap him up nicely in a frame and bow and say Merry Christmas to you JD (Jackob's Dad).  Enjoy! 



1 comment:

  1. Love love love this! Post this to your facebook so people can see your work. And put up some more pics you have done this week. Love-MM

    ReplyDelete